Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sheri's Bio

A developing writer, I'm still weaving my way among the various genres and the general concept of publishing my work. The majority of my writings to date have been narrative nonfictions, a pleasant blending of both the art of storytelling and observation of real world events and dramas. Primarily I write short stories and informational articles, however, I have completed one children's book, as yet unpublished. A full length book idea has recently come to mind so I may venture in that direction soon.

My publication history (outside of work-based grant writing and technical documents) includes two works, one a poem written as a seventh grader and included in a locally published book, and an academic work published as part of my secret life as an independent researcher in the area of Science, Technology and Society. STS focuses on cultural interactions with technology and under that umbrella I study and write on how technologies are absorbed into or rejected by society. Recently this effort has been migrating into the medical arena and articles appropriate for publication in consumer health journals are imminent.

Finally, I have recently been approached by a small publishing firm about writing a series of gardening books (gardening is a hobby of mine, so as a master gardener who is heavily involved with the local gardening community this request was not totally out of the blue). Thus, I am suddenly in the middle of writing a garden book and finding I quite enjoy it.

No comments: