Friday, December 12, 2008

Getting work out of state

With Michigan's economy in steep decline, I've been thinking of ways to bring in money - and new clients from out of state.  This seems like it is a win -win -- I get more income and then can spend it at local businesses in and around Ann Arbor.

As you know, I'm pursuing some national magazines, but I've also started watching other sites for possibilities. Here's a few of my favorites:

-CraigsList -- I check D.C. and New York occasionally and am considering what other markets make sense.
-StaffWriters -- mostly contract work for companies and some media, run by a colleague of mine from Long Island.
-Mediabistro.com --Lots of New York media, but others too.

I look at a few others too, from JournalismNext.com to JournalismJobs.com to JAWS, plus a few that require membership or passwords.

I would like to hear from others what websites they check in on regularly to find potential assigments. Maybe we could create a master list on this blog.



No comments: